Home Capital Group Inc., together with its operating subsidiary Home Trust Company, has developed a track record of success as Canada’s leading alternative lender, employing nearly 800 people in our Toronto headquarters and branches across the country. Building on the demonstrated strength of our core residential and commercial mortgage lending business, the Company and its affiliates also offer complementary lending services and competitive deposit investment products. Our culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people. Home Trust is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Home Capital Group, trading on the TSX under the symbol HCG.
- Data Profiling and Quality Analysis – This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of automated data quality rules, both in detail and with dashboard metrics and KPIs.
- Validation and Troubleshooting – Ensure that data quality rules are accurately built using validation tools (Informatica Data Quality) and develop an in-depth understanding of source systems and EDW data structures to further define rules.
- Root Cause Analysis – Track, investigate, and analyse root cause of data quality issues, ensuring data quality issues and remediation plans are communicated to all necessary stakeholders.
- Data Issue Remediation – Assist and support the DMO team and the D&A Team overall, as required, to correct and/or remediate data quality issues in systems of record (e.g. ERP applications) based on business priorities.
- Ensure data quality management and lineage processes adhere to related Home Trust strategies, policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Participate in Risk, Audit, Compliance and Regulatory requests for the D&A team as required.
- Develop and implement data quality test scripts, DQ reports, and identify defects using DQ rules based on prescribed DQ dimensions and Data Steward direction.
- Investigate root causes of data quality issues and resolve/remediate data quality incidents by working with Data Stewards, the business and IT teams as required.
- Work closely with business and IT to ensure new data quality requirements are understood and documented effectively.
Post secondary degree or diploma required (University degree preferred) in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent
Certification(s)/Designation(s) preferred in related area
1-3 years of related Data Management or Business Intelligence experience
1-3 years of experience analyzing, profiling, reporting and managing data issues for large data sets.
Demonstrated understanding of data management principles and practices.
Experience with data quality and data governance procedures and practices
Nice to Have:
Experience with Informatica data management software.
Experience with SAP data management software.
Proficiency in Power BI.
Familiarity with Azure Cloud Modern Data Warehouse architectures.
Knowledge of and experience in the Financial industry.
Security Incident and Event Management
Attention to detail/ accuracy
Multi-tasking in fast paced, deadline driven environment
Communication (verbal and written) - excellent
Bilingualism an asset
Some work beyond standard hours
All employees of Home Capital Group Inc. must comply with all applicable Home Capital Group Inc, Home Trust Company, and specific Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls. Additionally, all employees are obligated to become familiar with Home’s risk management framework and understand the operational risk management requirements within their specific business. Employees are also expected to understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct & Ethics Policy at all times and escalate any issues or concerns through various reporting channels (i.e. Ombudsman, Compliance Hotline, Whistleblower Policy, etc).
Job Type: Full-time