PRODUCT PACKER COOKIES
Position: Product Packager (Cookies)
Report To: Safety Manager, Production Shift Manager(s)
Hollandia Bakeries is HIRING for PRODUCT PACKAGER in Mt. Brydges, Ontario. Working in a state-of-the-art cookie manufacturing facility, you will have the opportunity to assist machine operators and assemblers as well as gain hands-on experience in packaging our speciality cookie products on the production line. Opportunities for advancement and increased responsibilities are available upon proven record.
Packages materials and products manually. Performs basic quality control checks including measuring, weighing, strength testing, package counts, and evaluating product or package appearance. Folds & tapes boxes, applies labels, and stacks boxes on pallets according to direction. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Responsible for stacking and piling goods into their correct containers and preparing them for shipment using various equipment. Cleans and prepares containers before placing goods in them.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
- Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools.
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
- Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders, using hand tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner and is able to pick up tasks quickly
- Attention to detail
- Experience in the labour industry is a plus
- Completed High School or Equivalent education is an asset
Hollandia Bakeries Ltd. is committed to an equal opportunity to all employees, providing the environment without any form of discrimination and harassment.
Job Type: Full-time