As part of Post Consumer Brands, our Cobourg plant is dedicated to providing better food today and a better world tomorrow. We seek to make every day cereals healthier, easier, more affordable and tastier, and to serve more communities responsibly.
At our facility we currently employ 180 employees and are celebrating our 40th anniversary of being in Cobourg this year. There has never been a more exciting time to come and join us!
We are currently undergoing a significant investment in new engineering to support our ambition to be the best in the business! The Cobourg site will see these engineering improvements increase our capacity and enable us to deliver new products faster and better than ever before. Due to the huge increase of production volume we have expanded to a 24/7 shift pattern.
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager or Senior Manufacturing Manager, the Operations Manager is accountable for managing people safety, food safety, quality, financial performance, morale, customer service and compliance. It is important to develop strategies and practices that support production, continuous improvement initiatives and product quality assurance through communicated objectives and day to day operational goals. This role seeks to reduce variances in organizational processes and leverages technology to positively impact quality and results. A key deliverable is to support and drive change necessary to deliver on all operations results in alignment with business strategies while leveraging and developing front line leadership. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
- Ensure Safety First at all times.
- Establish environments conducive to high levels of engagement and performance.
- Represent Operations as a strategic business partner with all departments to coordinate activities within the company to drive decision quality.
- Develop and implement plans that are aligned with continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principles to deliver business results.
- Develop budgets, labor plans, staffing and capital expenditures.
- Ensure operations resources are focused and aligned on accomplishing key manufacturing tasks and are accountable for making sure they understand how it relates to the business strategy.
- Through their teams, identify constraints limiting performance and seek out new and different solutions, leveraging expertise across the company to support.
- Optimize and develop talent at both the hourly and salaried level through planning, assessment and actions.
- Course correct issues in the facility through the use of daily production meetings and develop actionable items that will enhance deliverables.
- Hold employees accountable for results and behavior in accordance with company values.
- Is dedicated to providing organizational or enterprise wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes
- Creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes
- Where applicable, honor and respect the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) to provide for prompt and peaceful adjustment of differences which may arise between bargaining unit employees and the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Science or related field.
- Would prefer a minimum of 10 years of combined related experience, with a preference in food processing/packaging, including at least 10 years of supervisory and leading experience
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Able to build relationships and inspire others.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data
- Must be mobile and able to take on broader assignments for additional development opportunities.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time