Agropur is Dairy Cooperative and an industry leader. Our steady, healthy, sustainable growth enables us to provide a work environment that is supportive of skills development. Our forward-looking stance and sound financial health are built on our culture, values and management style.
The Machine Operator is a key front-line Leadership position and is responsible for the overall safe and efficient operation of the line on a given shift. More specifically, the primary responsibility of this position, in addition to ensuring the Safety and Quality priorities are met, is to provide leadership to the line staff with a goal of meeting the productivity expectations, while continuously improving the operation of the line. This position has total responsibility for the assigned line from raw material introduction to finished case completion.
All candidates must come prepared to the interview to define how they have used their leadership skills in the past, to define their successes and discuss their development related to leadership.
There is a three-month probation period with this position.
Duties within this responsibility include and are not limited to:
- monitoring the line, it’s raw materials and the finished products to ensure they meet the expected standards
- provide communication, guidance and coaching to the line Associates
- operation and troubleshooting of the machinery and equipment
- accurately completing HACCP, quality and line performance documentation
- ensuring efficient and timely start-ups and changeovers
- training, support and guidance to other Machine Operators and team members
- communication of opportunities that affect the line performance as appropriate
The successful candidate will be cross trained on different Production Lines, different positions and must demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement and be a true team player.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Mechanical ability
- Computer skills
- Must demonstrate a general knowledge of production operations specific to production and packaging lines.
- Must successfully complete the provided training on the use of Walkie/Stacker material handling equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.16 per hour
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)