105001 Payroll Clerk
Location: Pointe-Claire, Quebec
Start: March 16, 2020
Duration: 9 months with possible direct employment
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Multi-state provincial payroll processing in a Shared Services environment for both hourly and salaried employees (including some unions). Perform all functions required to process payroll on time and accurately.
- Reconcile and post Pay Cycle from supportive records to General Ledger and balance against other records.
- Review and reconcile differences of payroll data between multiple systems.
- Provide various regular and ad hoc reports to Managers and Controllers.
- Wage information for internal and external customers.
- Work closely with HR to maintain information in Time & Attendance system.
- Support for Payroll Analyst and Payroll Manager.
- Assist with reconciliation of various tax or benefit accounts.
- Assist when necessary to validate retirement deductions, contributions, and loan activity. RRSP, Registered Pension Plan and other voluntary contributions
- Assist with special projects.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Associate’s degree plus 3 years of experience, or PCP or CPM certified (Payroll Compliance Practitioner or Certified Payroll Manager) or Bachelor’s degree plus 1 year of experience Required: High School plus a minimum of 5 years of Payroll experience
- 5-10 years of Payroll/Time and Attendance/HR/Accounting experience.
- Experience in a shared services/centralized services environment.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel (pivot tables, vlook up)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Considerable skills in customer service, communication, problem solving
- Great level of accuracy and confidentiality
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements. Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Payroll/Time and Attendance/HR/Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)