The Agency currently has multiple casual relief Supervised Access Worker positions available.
The Supervised Access Worker will work with primary families, volunteers, staff and resource families in Supported Family Time. This role will Support families to have a safe and positive visit. The successful candidate will preferably be eager to work day, evening or weekend shifts on short notice either in our Cambridge or Kitchener locations.
The purpose of Supported Family Time is:
- to support ongoing contact between children and their parents/caregivers;
- to coach/mentor the parent/caregivers to enhance the quality of the parent/caregiver and child relationship;
- to provide a setting for safe and positive interactions between children and parents/caregivers;
- to evaluate the potential for increased and/or unsupervised access, and;
- to help families achieve the goals pertaining to Supported Family time as set out in the family-owned plan
- Community College Social Services diploma; ECE; relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Two years’ experience working with at risk families
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Training in parent-child interactional models (e.g. Circle of Security) an asset
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Own transportation required
- Current First Aid/CPR preferred
$24.5083 to $30.3900 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Social Work - Grade 6
Articles 15 & 16 apply to internal applicants.
Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds.
Interested internal applicants are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:00pm on December 2, 2020 quoting posting #024-2020.
Interested external applicants are invited to submit a resume to email@example.com, no later than 4:00 pm on December 2, 2020 quoting posting #024-2020.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.