POSITION SUMMARY: **
The Human Resources Coordinator is a key member of the Human Resources Department. The individual will coordinate recruitment initiatives, associate activities, and provide an exceptional on-boarding process for all new associates. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator provides support in all Human Resources functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*: *
- Accurately file and maintain all Human Resources files, confidential documents and databases digitally and paper – using company approved coding system.
- Update Human Resources policies.
- Screen, interview, and test applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies.
- Preparing job descriptions for all positions.
- Draft job postings and manage internal/external job postings.
- Track completion of criminal record checks when applicable.
- Draft offer letters and full new hire packages.
- Administration of the new hire packages including onboarding process and orientation planning.
- Enter new hire data in the payroll system, Avanti, and ongoing maintenance as required.
- Respond to employee queries related to the union collective agreements and Human Resources policies.
- Calculating employee pay, severance, payroll discrepancies, etc and maintaining all records.
- Perform payroll/benefit-related reconciliations, benefits audits and recommending any corrective action.
- Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, WorkSafe BC issues and corrective counselling documents.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews.
- Adherence to company and legislated confidentiality and privacy regulations.
- Recruitment and retention ideas such as job fairs and rewards & recognition programs, etc.
- Internal entertainment, activities to strengthen teamwork and corporate culture.
- Be an active member of the Social Committee.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional job related projects and duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS*: *
- Minimum two years previous experience in a busy Human Resources position is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resource Management is an asset.
- A combination of education/experience may be considered if directly relates to the position.
- CPHR designation is an asset.
- Hospitality experience is an asset.
- Previous experience working in as unionized environment required.
- Strong professional presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Strong team player.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Must be able to multi task and prioritize.
- Strong communication skills are a must.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Competency in all Microsoft Office programs and HRIS programs (specifically Avanti, preferred).
- High data entry skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills specifically maintaining files.
- Previous experience in compensation and wage structures is an asset.
- Requires the ability to work with tight deadlines with little flexibility around time lines.
- Must be able to deal with stress resulting from the need to manage within legislative, budgetary and time constraints on a regular basis.
- Strong ability to prepare and present an orientation program for new staff members.
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits is a definite asset.
- Being multi lingual in both written and verbal would be an asset.
- First Aid Level 3 certification is an asset.
- Flexible to a periodic changing schedule.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- union: 1 year (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Required)
- CPHR (Preferred)