The Drug Awareness Recovery Team Society (DART) was developed to meet the needs of those recovering from drug/alcohol addictions. DART has been registered as a millennium project and was incorporated in 2000. The society employees those struggling with addictions, with the goal of developing the skills, culture and attitudes required to work as reliable, employees in the general community. This is done through a variety of Job opportunities but starts with snow removal and lawn maintenance activities.
DART is seeking a qualified individual with a heart for making the world a better place to fill the position of Executive Director.
Under the Supervision of the DART Board of Directors the Executive Director will provide overall strategic and operational leadership to DART and deliver significant strategic impact. The Executive Director will interpret the direction of the DART Board in line with the vision and mission of DART and in conjunction with the Policy and Procedure Manual. The Executive Director will work with the DART Board to develop and implement DART future strategic plans and to align organizational resources to achieve them.
A full list of Specific Accountability areas and General Responsibilities is available upon applying.
- Management experience in Not for Profit societies.
- Good organizational management with the ability to coach and manage staff, develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives with a sound knowledge of accounting, finance and administrative management.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships is an asset
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Good interpersonal skills are an asset
- Integrity and transparency in leadership
· Good budget management skills, which include budget preparations, analysis with decision-making and reporting.
· Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience (that would ensure the success of the candidate as the Executive Director) will also be considered.
· A knowledge of working with marginalized individuals who are dealing with addiction.
· Experience in Human Resources and maintaining Provincial Employment and Work Safe BC Standards.
· Minimum class five driver’s license is required
· Criminal record check clearance is required
· Pass and maintain a clean drug test as per DART policy and procedures
How To apply:
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and name and contact information for three CURRENT references to ATTN: Gary Godwin Confidential, President, DART Board of Directors
Deadline: March 31, 2020
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Vacation & paid time off
Reference ID: EDP0120
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Managment w/ Not for Profit: 2 years (Preferred)