Cougar Helicopters Inc. currently has an opportunity for a full-time permanent Ramp/Security Agent.
General Job Definition
The Ramp Security Agent will ensure a safe and timely handling of helicopter flights departing from and arriving at our heliport and vessel transfers per customer requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Escorting passengers;
- Loading and unloading baggage and cargo;
- Baggage and security duties during core flight hours;
- Use X-ray machine to screen baggage;
- Headset preparation and general maintenance (cleaning, noting of damage);
- General aircraft cabin preparation (clearing aircraft cabin of debris post-flight, ensuring that all seat pockets are equipped with boarding cards and air-sickness bags, extending and readying seatbelts for the next flight);
- Acceptance of shipped Dangerous Goods as required;
- Providing assistance as required to the check-in and traffic agent;
- Ensuring that the passenger handling area, suit issuance area, cargo storage area, and staff office are kept in a clean and tidy manner;
- Responsible for distribution and maintenance of headsets to all passengers, and will provide any additional information that the passengers may require prior to flight departure time;
- Responsible for safe Ramp operations/conditions, cleanliness and FOD walks/awareness; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Safety and Quality Responsibilities
- Practice workplace safety;
- Be familiar with and comply with the Cougar SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate a willingness to adapt to changing philosophy and work diligently to introduce and develop new procedures/techniques both in training and SOP’s;
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the workplace requirements for the Cougar’s day-to-day operations and asking for assistance when they are unclear about a workplace process to complete a job task safely;
- Report hazards: If an employee encounters an unsafe or harmful condition or situation or if they are unclear if a task is safe, the employee is responsible to report this immediately to their supervisor or through the Cougar Safety Hazard Observation Program (S.H.O.P.); and
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when applicable.
- 1 year experience in the field of Aviation ground support;
- Experience in the use of Forklift Operations would be considered an asset;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must have a clean code of conduct;
- Must qualify for an Airport Security pass;
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test;
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule; and
- Must be able to work in an outside weather environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills;
- Solid organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to multi task and prioritize deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy;
- Decision making and crew resource management skills; and
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Interested parties should forward their updated resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email no later than the close of business on August 26, 2019. Please attach a resume and cover letter in the form of PDF or Microsoft word document and identify your interest in the position by stating the subject line: "CHI-RSA-08-2019”
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent