A growing global company. Endless career and development opportunities.
When you join Ritchie Bros., you’ll be part of a diverse, global team that’s focused on delivering great customer experiences. Our culture is centered around people and guided by our core values of Integrity, Unity and Vision. Learn more about our culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion at Candidate Portal .
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about making a difference, we invite you to join our growing team. Whether you’re out in the field or back at your office, you’ll be helping us achieve our vision of becoming the trusted global marketplace for insights, services and transaction solutions for commercial assets.
We're looking for a Field Inspector (Part Time) in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Field Inspector-Heavy Equipment position requires high-level technical knowledge, organizational skills, and a willingness to travel regionally. Field Staff Inspectors must have familiarity with class 8 trucks and trailers, and experience of construction and agricultural equipment is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to manage a heavy onsite workload with the many administrative tasks necessary to the position. As they are the face of the company, Field Staff Inspectors must always conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism.
Here is what you'll do :
Here's what you bring:
- Inspect heavy equipment, Class 8 and vocational trucks, trailers, and to report the condition of major components and systems
- Schedule inspections with storing location, consignor, or lessee
- Complete inspection evaluation forms, including photos, video, or oil samples as necessary
- Handle administrative tasks of the position efficiently and on time
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
- Five years as a truck mechanic or equivalent technical knowledge
- Must have a background in mechanical work with Class 8 trucks, trailers, and/or farm equipment
- Preferred background experience in agriculture and construction.
This job will require you to:
What we offer:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver's license
- Travel regionally as required
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we've proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And we'll support you along the way. Here's how:
- Safety equipment subsidy.
- Part-Time position with Full-Time Hour
Ritchie Bros. has grown from a small-town auctioneer to a global asset management and disposition company. Through our family of companies , we help our customers buy and sell a wide range of used and unused equipment for construction, mining, transportation, agriculture, oil & gas, lifting & material handling, forestry & other industries.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.
If you require any accommodation, please send an email to: [email protected]