The Day & Ross Transportation Group is currently seeking a full time Spot Quoter for our Freight division in Somerville, NB.
Day & Ross Freight is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We achieve this by being: authentic, committed, caring, trusted, and enthusiastic.
As a Spot Quoter, you are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Company’s quotes presented to its customers while maintaining a positive customer relationship. This requires a solid and in-depth understanding and adherence to all company guidelines. This role requires schedule flexibility to ensure all business goals are met.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide spot quotes on rates to customers
- Receive phone calls from customers via an automated phone system
- Confirm that rate requested is not covered by an existing tariff
- Send rate discount requests to U.S. partners
- Maintain spreadsheets on spot quote success ratio for shipments from major terminals.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
- Computer skills- MS Office
- Strong customer service skills
- Communication Skills: written and verbal
- Ability to work independently.
- Post-secondary education – considered an asset
- Experience in the transportation industry
The working environment can include long periods of sitting at a desk and data imputing, fast-paced, deadline driven and high volume transactions.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies the past 9 years running. We offer our full-time employees a generous Benefits package and a company matched Pension plan.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- transportation: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)