HAMILTON TIGER-CATS & FORGE FC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Location: 500 Sherman Avenue North and Tim Hortons Field – Hamilton, Ontario
Internship Duration: four-month term: May 1st – September 2nd OR seven-month term: May 1st – November 29th.
Hourly Commitment: Regular business hours + 2019 Tiger-Cats, Forge FC home games and special events at Tim Hortons Field.
Stipend: $300 per month. $500 honorarium at the end of a four-month term; $1,000 honorarium at the end of a seven-month term.
- Game-Day Hours: If you are assigned a specific game-day role you will be paid $100 for each game worked.
- C.A.T. Team Opportunity: In the event that you are not assigned a game-day role you are entitled to work on the C.A.T. Team at $14 an hour.
The purpose of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Internship Program is to educate participants in all areas of operation of a professional sports organization, and to prepare them for entering today’s competitive career market place. Through observation and hands on experience, participants learn how to function in a high-energy professional environment, perform under pressure, show initiative in developing and executing new programs, and utilize essential time management skills. All participants will receive proper guidance, structure, and coaching to ensure their time in the program enhances their education and career development.
Applicants for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Internship Program must be enrolled in a degree/diploma program and obtain course credit upon completion of an internship. Ideal candidates must be hard working, dedicated, self-motivated individuals who possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, and have a passion for sport. Computer skills are an asset.
- Internal guest speakers from various departments discussing their position, department, and background
- Group lunches – opportunity to share challenges and success stories with fellow interns
- Social events – networking with full-time staff and leisure/team building events
- Professional tools – business cards, LinkedIn headshot, welcome package
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates must email a résumé, cover letter and demo reel and/or previous work by Friday, February 28th.
- Email subject should read: “2019 Intern, Staff Writer Application”
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC thank you for your interest in being a part of a historical year at Tim Hortons Field.
INTERN, STAFF WRITER
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write football-related editorial on deadline for ticats.ca, forgefc.canpl.ca and other outlets
- Post, update, and coordinate content on ticats.ca, forgefc.canpl.ca and other outlets
- Identify potential news story ideas relevant to the Tiger-Cats, Forge FC and its programs and initiatives
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current student in journalism, communications, or a related area
- Quality writing, editing and copywriting skills
- Prior sports media experience (football and soccer experience is a plus)
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and work ethic
- Strong football, soccer, Tiger-Cats and Forge FC knowledge
- Must have a passion for CFL football and CPL soccer
- Social media outlet and management experience
- Will be required to work on some evenings and weekends depending on the Tiger-Cats and Forge FC schedules and events
- Interested candidates should be passionate about the long-term development of their experience and the creation of new initiatives
Job Type: Internship
- Writing: 1 year (Preferred)