PLEASE, READ FIRST BEFORE APPLYING:
1) APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please provide a response to all preliminary questions and complete any skills assessments and/or questionnaires as needed.
2) STUDENTS IN SCHOOL OR RETURNING TO SCHOOL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. This is a Full-Time job, requiring 35 to 45 hours of availability each week.
3) Candidates without THEIR OWN VEHICLE may not be considered, as this job will require you to work hours or days that may make it difficult to rely on public transportation. If you are hired, you will be required to work for both Richmond Hill and Vaughan stores.
4) This job is PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY DEMANDING. Working with live dogs in a daycare environment requires employees to pay attention to detail, be quick-thinking and have physical endurance (to walk, lift and clean). This job may not be suitable for all people.
If you have understood the above points, you may proceed to the job description below.
------------------------------- JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW -------------------------------
Enthusiastic and excited to be working in the pet industry?
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of pets?
Join the Woofur team and our mission to enrich the lives of pets so that they can live their lives to their fullest potential!
Woofur is an award-winning pet services provider in Richmond Hill and Vaughan. We are recognized by Consumer Choice Award®, Three Best Rated® and Top Choice Awards® as an outstanding business in high standing.
We are looking to hire a team of experienced pet professionals as well as newcomers to the industry who have a passion for making a difference.
Woofur has facilities in Richmond Hill and Vaughan, Ontario. We are looking to hire a pet care professional who is experienced with animals in an off-leash play environment and is well-versed in customer service, administration, and sales.
The candidate will be expected to manage the administration and processes of our facility, handling customer service and sales inquiries. The candidate needs to be comfortable handling dog breeds of all sizes and temperaments and be able to safely integrate dogs into our facility.
Responsibilities – Pet Care Receptionist and Administrator
- Manage scheduling and customer intake process
- Electronically organize and keep current all customer information (scanning, data entry etc.)
- Ensure company policies are adhered to
- Perform accounts payable and inventory activities
- Assist with company marketing campaigns and keeping social media streams current and engaging
- Respond to customer inquiries by phone, email or social media
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Utilize our POS system to check customers in and out of the facility
- Safely integrate dogs of all sizes and temperaments into our facility
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate
- Be able to legally work in Canada (SIN # or work permits must be provided)
- Be flexible with working hours
- Be able to operate a computer (email, web, scanner/printer, office tools)
- Have working knowledge or experience with dogs is a MUST
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be responsible, honest and reliable
- Be enthusiastic
- Be able to work in a team or individually (self-motivated)
- Be willing to learn new things
- Be calm and assertive around dogs and understand dog behavior
- Have previous customer service experience
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have good organizational skills and pays attention to details
- Be able to manage multiple ongoing tasks simultaneously
- Have a pleasant personality
- Have good hygiene and appropriate dress
- Have no medical or physical conditions that would prevent the successful completion of position duties
Candidates may be required to work 4 to 6 days per week (Mondays to Saturdays) with regular full-time hours anywhere between 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM (35 - 45 hours per week, depending on business need).
Employees are entitled to exclusive discounts on all retail purchases and services including complimentary daycare for your own pets (some restrictions apply).
To apply, please respond to this post and include your cover letter and resume.
Highlight on your cover what drives and motivates you, and why you are currently working or considering working in the pet industry.
Important: Applications without an accompanying cover letter may not be considered.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please be advised that students returning to school or out-of-country applicants will NOT be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Pet Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Vaughan, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)
- English (Required)