For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and personable Pharmacy Assistant to join our Yurek Pharmacy team in St. Thomas, Ontario.
The Pharmacy Assistants provide preliminary triage to clients as they arrive at the dispensary. The Pharmacy Assistant’s job is to aid in the processing of the prescriptions by accurately prioritizing the sequence with which they are completed by using their critical thinking skills to effectively determine how long the client will have to wait according to the number of orders pending completion.
They must be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task to assure continuity of flow of prescriptions through the dispensary including waiting prescriptions, pickups, deliveries, and compounds.
They must be able to accurately complete the tasks at hand while minimizing errors working effectively without follow-up or supervision. They are responsible for building long-term client relationships through both personal and telephone interactions. They must be able to work as a team member and be able to efficiently manage time and tasks in an often-busy environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Provides excellent customer service
· Maintains confidential communications
· Answers telephone and patient inquires
· Maintain accurate files/logs
· Maintain knowledge and compliance to ISO standards
· Contributes to process improvements
· Third party drug plan trouble shooting when required
· Communication with doctor’s offices
· Inventory control
· Accurate data entry, prescription processing, and troubleshooting
· Assemble Compliance Packaging
· Counting medications
· General compounding skills
Education, Skills and Job Requirements:
· Completion of High School diploma
· Community College Accreditation as a Pharmacy Assistant an asset.
· Willingness to complete specialized PCCA training either on or off-site where required.
· Possess and Maintain relevant knowledge of USP 797 Standards.
· Familiarity with Kroll Dispensing software would be preferred
· Familiarity with Parata and Pac/Med and/or compliance packaging would be an asset
· Familiarity with methadone/suboxone dispensing is an asset
· Flexibility to work all shifts is mandatory
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Opportunity to receive discretionary cash bonuses twice per year
- Health/Dental/Life insurance benefits package, where the cost is shared between the employee and Yurek
- Education Assistance Program for approved courses to upgrade knowledge/skills
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit available
- Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
- Opportunity to work in a family business where you immediately are treated like family and have an opportunity to grow quickly
Qualified Team Players are invited to apply by submitting their resume through indeed.ca by July 13, 2020.
Reference ID: P#071320
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)