Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse, Access & Flow Leader in our Mental Health and Substance Use Services located in Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH).
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. With over 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers dedicated to providing services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home health, mental health and public health, to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Directs Patient Care Coordinators (PCCs) and/or Charge Nurses and coordinates appropriate patient placement and/or discharge needs.
- Prioritizing care and determining appropriate assignment of resources by collaborating with the interdisciplinary team
- Consults with Patient Transfer Network (PTN) and community resources as required to identify appropriate care for patients
- Providing clinical expertise, consultation, role modeling and leadership in evidence-based practice to staff and/or clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Five (5) years’ recent, relevant, acute care experience with mental health and substance use services, including a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory and/or administrative capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
This role is a temporary part-time position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Surrey, BC. SMH is a 611 acute care bed, University of B.C. affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in B.C. Surrey is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.