Small Engine Mechanic
Battlefield Equipment Rentals (a division of Toromont Industries Ltd.) one of Canada’s premiere Construction Rental Companies presently require the following staff for our Timmins location
This is a busy, team-oriented shop in our Northern Ontario region that places a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction. The service department is an important area of our business, ensuring that our equipment is ready and available as well as maintaining a flow of information on that equipment for both the rental staff and the sales staff. Our service team is critical to the success of our customer relationships. Successful Candidates, can expect competitive wages, training, benefits and pension opportunities as a full time employee with our company.
· Experience with 2-stroke and 4-stroke gas engines (Honda, Stihl and Wacker) as well as construction heaters (propane and natural gas) and a variety of small electrical tools;
· Prior experience in a troubleshooting and repair facility or environment;
· Duties include general preventive maintenance experience on all fleet rental equipment. I.e.: Performing oils services, and filter changes on Gas, and Diesel engines.
· Existing knowledge of construction equipment and building products, with hands-on experience in repairs and service/maintenance requirements for all types of construction equipment;
· Aerial and hydraulic experience will be considered an asset.
· Ability to work independently, skilled in time management and paperwork organization;
· Good communication and people skills.
- Applicant must be able to perform heavy lifting, as heavy lifting will be required frequently;
- Your own tools are required.
Battlefield Equipment is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Battlefield is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care