HTSC: Helicopter Transport Services (Canada) Inc. is looking to hire helicopter pilots for seasonal employment to provide services such as emergency relief, aerial construction, aerial surveying, powerline construction, oil and gas mining exploration, firefighting, heavy lifting, forestry, law enforcement, air medical services, search and rescue, bush pilot operation, government transport, commercial aviation, electronic news gathering, transport passengers and freight.
HTSC: Helicopter Transport Services (Canada) Inc.
5 Huisson Rd, Carp, ON K0A 1L0
Tel. 613-839-5868, ext. 238
February 01, 2020
Term of employment
Location of work
Employer is based in Carp, Ontario, but pilots may need to perform work in other work locations, including in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. As such, the employee must be willing to travel to various work locations in provinces across Canada
$41.03 per hour for 44 hours per week
Language of work
English and/or French language proficiency
Helicopter pilots in all positions will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Fly helicopters and prepare flight reports for various contracts.
- May provide services in search and rescue operations, forest firefighting, aerial surveying, emergency relief, aerial construction, powerline construction, oil and gas mining exploration, heavy lifting, forestry, law enforcement, air medical services, bush pilot operation, government transport, commercial aviation, electronic news gathering, transport passengers and freight.
- Conduct pre-flight inspection of aircraft and check passenger and cargo distribution to ensure that weight and balance specifications are met
- Co-ordinate flight activities with ground crews and air-traffic control, inform crew members of flight and test procedures and direct activities of aircraft crew, as captain during flights
- Contact control towers for takeoff clearances, arrival instructions and other information
- Conduct in-flight tests and monitor functioning of aircraft equipment and systems during flights, maintain communications with flight dispatchers and weather forecasters and respond to and report in-flight emergencies and malfunctions
- Co-pilot aircraft and perform captain’s duties if required, as first officer
- Completion of secondary school and graduation from a certified flying or aviation school
- Employer will provide structured training
Please note: training bonds will not be applied because the position is a limited duration one.
- Applicant must possess a valid Commercial Pilot License – Rotorcraft (from Transport Canada or Federal Aviation Administration).
- Visual Flight Rating
- Current valid medical clearance, as required for Commercial Pilot License
- Criminal background check required
- 3 years or more experience as a Helicopter Pilot
- Minimum 1,000 hours of Pilot-In-Command on turbine helicopters
- Experience flying aircraft similar in configuration and complexity to any of the following Helicopter types: Bell 206, Bell 206L-L3-L4, Bell 205, Bell 212, Bell 214/214ST, Bell 407, AS350, SK61
- Accident/incident free safety record for past 5 years, with good references
- Specialty flying in one or more of these flying sectors:
- Aerial Firefighting
- Aerial Construction
- Aerial Spraying
- Aerial Seismic
- Aerial Long-line Drill Moves
- External Load Operations
Reading text; Writing; Working with others; Problem solving; Decision making; Critical thinking; Job task planning and organizing; Continuous learning
- Valid driver's licence
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $41.03 /hour
- Helicopter Pilot: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Commercial Pilot License – Rotorcraft (Required)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)