Ascensia Diabetes Care is a global specialist diabetes care company, dedicated to helping people living with diabetes. Our mission is to empower people living with diabetes through innovative solutions that simplify and improve their lives. We use our innovation and specialist expertise in diabetes to develop high quality solutions and tools that make a positive, daily difference for people with diabetes.
Provides financial support and analysis to the company. Acts as liaison with KPMG & EY on audit and tax matters. Works with commercial business to identify and execute cost savings initiatives, process efficiencies and support value adding investments. Partners with regional and global colleagues on accounting and controlling processes. This role will support the Country Finance Manager by performing analysis, business modeling and risk assessment as required to help deliver strategic input to the company.
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
Provide financial expertise and guidance to Ascensia Diabetes Care Canada (30%)
- Partner with Commercial and Corporate functions to provide expertise and guidance in regards to budget and forecast development, cost centre management, new product launches, P&L impact of business decisions, business opportunities, etc.
- Provide financial analysis and perspective to the business and ensure target KPIs are met.
- Finance lead in Canadian Strategic Brand Planning presentations and provide feedback and financial support including ROI template development and maintenance.
Month-end Management Reporting and Analysis (20%)
- Monthly financial statement variance analysis & commentary.
- Proactive anticipation and identification of financial exposure that could impact the business as well as corrective action required (ex. sales provision analysis).
- Monthly cash flow preparation and commentary to Global Treasury.
- Monthly 3rd party PO review with stakeholders and preparation of monthly accruals entry.
- Local Finance lead on lease accounting (vehicles and office). Liaising with global colleagues to ensure proper posting and reporting of leases.
- Backup financial analyst on weekly/monthly journal entries as needed.
- Finance lead in proactively seeking out clarification and guidance from global/regional partners on process changes to ensure Canadian organization is in alignment.
Budgeting and Forecasting (30%)
- Steer budgeting and forecasting process including the creation of the budget and forecast timetables, maintain and update internal templates, liaising with Senior Management on budget proposals and providing input and feedback on sales volume, sales adjustments, pricing and operating costs proposals.
- Act as Finance lead for Ascensia’s Strategic Brand Planning and forecast/budget process.
- Ensure global submissions are accurate and timely.
- Assist Country Finance Manager in completion of all business review and budget/forecast presentations as required.
- Own weekly and monthly forecast process, including setting and running meetings, preparation of templates, partnering with Sales Directors to highlight opportunities and risks in forecasts, providing Country Manager with proposal and justification for feedback, completion and submission of regional/global templates in a timely manner.
Audit, Tax and Compliance (10%)
- Act as point person for quarterly financial audits. Co-ordinate distribution of initial audit requests with Commercial and Corporate functions.
- Review of all Corporate Income Tax returns in conjunction with regional tax manager.
- Co-ordinate with Accounts Payable and Tax department on remittance of all taxes payable.
- Monthly review of Internal Control procedures to ensure documentation is collected and stored for audits.
- Work with Country Finance Manager and business to develop and test procedures to ensure compliance.
Project/Process Management (10%)
- Challenge the decision making process and develop alternative options to solve problems.
- Identify cost and process efficiencies.
- As identified, manage project from initiation to closing, adhering to timelines and budget.
CPA accounting designation required
Tax/Audit experience, including knowledge of IFRS requirements
5+ years financial planning and analysis experience
Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Access and Word)
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Detail oriented and proactive
Assertive, self-motivated, and goal oriented
Strong Customer Focus and Focus on Excellence
Ascensia offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and are driven by innovation and the desire to improve the lives of our patients, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of five business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Ascensia does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Ascensia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ascensia Diabetes Care Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Canadians participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Ascensia representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.