APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
We are a mobile music studio offering online private and group piano lessons.
Cover letter required: Please specify how you engage learners online - what resources, strategies, and tools do you use? How do you utilize the advantages of online learning for both private and group lessons (up to 4 students)? Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their online set-up.
- Teaching individual and/or group music lessons lasting from 30 to 60 minutes each
- Planning lessons in relation to individual students’ unique goals and interests
- Preparing students for performances, examinations, auditions, and competitions
- Communicating with parents about their child’s lessons and progress
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance
- A high level of musical competence and proficiency on your instrument
- Master or Bachelor Degree
- Experience teaching online - must be able to make lessons fun and engaging in an online format.
- Online lessons require you to have a digital or acoustic piano, high quality web cam, and Ethernet internet connection.
- Ability to teach different skill levels and a variety of musical styles
- RCMP criminal background check
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A positive, fun, and enthusiastic personality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to connect with a wide range of students of different ages and backgrounds
- Know how to make the learning process enjoyable and fun
- High standards of professionalism and professional ethics
- Responsiveness to work-related emails and phone calls
- A love and passion for teaching music!
What to Expect:
- This position typically requires working afternoons and evenings. The majority of music lessons take place between 3-8pm from Monday to Friday, though some students prefer to have their lessons earlier in the day or on weekends.
- Please be aware that it may take some time to build a student base for each teacher.
- Once a teacher has demonstrated a sufficient level of competence and success in their role, they are given a high level of workplace autonomy.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- teaching: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)