TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: Join our Team!
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) is a 119-bed facility owned and operated by The Salvation Army located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Toronto Grace is renowned for the compassion, clinical excellence and patient-centered care we provide for individuals with multifaceted chronic diseases who require Complex Continuing Care (CCC), Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation (PACR) and Palliative Care.
We are actively recruiting for REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
TemporaryPart Time for Our Palliative Care Unit
CUPE – Days/Nights/Weekends
Position Summary and Responsibility:
The Registered Practical Nurse provides excellent patient and family centered nursing care in complex patient environment in a culturally sensitive manner. Establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients and their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means.
- Minimum 1 year of experience within a Palliative Care environment essential
- Current Certificate of Competence and Registration issued by the College of Nurses’ of Ontario in good standing
- College Diploma as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Membership with your professional association preferred (RPNAO)
- Successfully completed the LEAP certification program an asset
- Strong clinical practice skills with ability to champion evidence-based best practices, particularly in pain and symptom management and end-of-life care which fall within the Registered Practical Nurse’s scope of practice
- Collaborates with Registered Nurses to develop and revise individualized care plans
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and problem-solve complex clinical situations and psychosocial circumstances across the continuum of end-of-life care
- Ability to recognize, assess and treat end-of-life care emergencies and psychosocial distress for patients and caregivers
- Provide leadership and contribute to an environment which fosters interprofessional collaborative practice, safe patient care practices and is able to demonstrate an understanding of accountability based practice
- Responsible for meeting the standards, and exercising judgement, for providing safe, competent and ethical nursing care as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario Professional Standards
- Ability to practice nursing in accordance with patient and family centered care principles in establishing empathetic professional relationships with patients and caregivers based on their physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs, understanding and documenting patient and family preferences and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to modeling lifelong learning and professional growth
- A passion for making a difference in the lives of palliative care patients and their families and caregivers
- Good work and attendance record required
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter. We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with a 4 year Exemplary Standing in 2016 by Accreditation Canada
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: RPN-Temp PT-PCU- Sep 2020
Contract length: 6 months
Job Type: Temporary
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- LEAP (Preferred)
- Nursing (Required)