Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
At Atmosphere, we believe that every Canadian should have the opportunity to turn every trip to the great outdoors into an escape from the ordinary – and these escapes start at our store. Achieving results is part of our culture at Atmosphere. We do this by sharing our customers’ passion for the outdoors and physical activities. Along with colleagues across the Canadian Tire family of companies, you’ll be a part of a collaborative network of like-minded individuals who draw on their collective experience to best serve customers across all banners from coast-to-coast.
Department Sales Manager - Atmosphere - Saskatoon, SK (Circle & 8th)
As a Department Sales Manager, you have a passion for sports and live an active lifestyle. You demonstrate a positive and engaged attitude when dealing with customers and employees and are responsible for coaching and developing your team.
What you’ll do
- An ambassador and leader of the customer experience you look to develop relationships with customers and provide mentorship and coaching to your team to ensure the same
- Coach and develop your department team by setting expectations, keeping open lines of communication, coaching on a continual basis, providing constructive feedback, and ongoing support
- Build and manage a daily game and sales plan for the department
- Create development plans for full-time staff – providing support and coaching to improve any performance gaps
- Communicate skills proven through effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment for staff
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Business Savvy – you have a customer focused mindset and can plan, execute, and drive sales
- Leaders – you lead by example and have a passion for coaching, developing, and inspiring your team
- Culture and brand ambassadors – you love the work and take pride in our brand
If you’re a proven retail manager with a passion for people, our industry, and driving an exceptional customer experience, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- Minimum of 2 years in a retail environment, preferably at a supervisory level
- A proven track record of business growth and exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Demonstrated interest in or involvement in sports or the sporting goods industry an asset
- High school education; Post-Secondary education an asset
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Atmosphere is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent