Production Team Member, Cambridge Location
Maple Automotive Corporation (MAC), located in Cambridge, ON, is currently looking for a Production Team Member to join our ever-growing team. MAC is part of the Toyota Tsusho Group of companies located world-wide, and we are part of a multi-market, multi-business enterprise with expertise in exporting and importing, new manufacturing, intermediate goods processing and logistics in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
With a team of nearly 5,000 people and 71 locations across North America, we strive for comprehensive excellence by cultivating a vibrant culture of creativity, reliability, accountability, flexibility and teamwork to activate the full potential of all employees, customers, suppliers and communities.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, time management, the ability to work alone, as well as in a team setting, have excellent problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude.
The successful candidate will report to the Production Supervisor and will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform assembly work by following work standards/instructions.
- Work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Good attendance and work ethnic.
- Operate a forklift is an asset.
- Clean work area according to 5S standards.
- Assist in providing safe environment for all employees.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
- Participate in team meetings and training.
- All other related duties as required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to perform necessary physical labour, lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to work rotating shifts- between days and afternoon as scheduled.
- A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cold in the winter and hot in the summer and a noise level is moderate.
Maple Automotive Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please reach out to the Team Member Relations Department directly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON N3E 1A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person