The Bluewater Recycling Association, based in Huron Park near Exeter, has
an immediate opening for the position of Material Handler.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as a Material Handler you will be a key player in the operation of the Association’s recycling plant.
Why you should work for us:
- Competitive salary ($15.20 to $16.20/hour) with yearly increases.
- Excellent benefits including a defined benefit pension plan.
- Overtime after 8 hours per day & 40 hours per week
- A generous clothing allowance
- Paid day off for birthdays
- Double time on weekends & holidays
- Sorting and handling of materials on processing equipment by hand.
- Performs tasks as required for successful operation including cleaning, loading and unloading materials or handling containers.
- Depending on what line you are working on you will need to pull out any items that are not recyclable containers and OCC cardboard and place in bins provided.
- When on Pre-sort line pull out any garbage and non-recyclable material and put down chute to the compactor
- Clean up debris around and on the line
Excellent vision coupled with physical agility and strength. Must be able to perform repetitive work while standing for up to two hours at a time. Must have initiative, flexibility and commitment.
Bluewater Recycling Association is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways, email or phone 519-228-6678
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.20 /hour
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Secondary School (Required)
- Huron Park, ON (Preferred)