Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
This position in the Breast Assessment Centre works independently, using critical thinking skills and sound judgment, to prioritize workload and coordinate multiple demands within the department.
To meet the Cancer Care Ontario Assessment targets, correct triaging of referrals is imperative as delay will impact patient outcomes. A strong knowledge of medical terminology is required to triage referrals, identify report discrepancies and help support the patient care pathway.
Reporting to the Administration of the Diagnostic Imaging department at both sites, the successful candidate will be working with staff from Diagnostic Imaging, Surgery, Laboratory, Oncology and Cancer Care Ontario. Based on the sensitive nature of the Breast Assessment Centre, strict confidentiality must be adhered to.
This position works autonomously. Therefore, percentages of duties are difficult to estimate as a majority of secretarial activities are performed simultaneously.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Medical Administration Diploma
- Two to five years patient flow/coordination experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the Diagnostic Imaging Workflow
- Proficient use of ICMS, PACS, MediTech, HDIRS and PCI
- High degree of professionalism and initiative, with the ability to function independently in a position with limited immediate supervision.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong Knowledge of the OBSP program
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to collaborate with patients, caregivers, and members of the health care team both institution and community based.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary and interprofessional care team
- Ability to develop working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers