JOB POSTING: 2020-009
JOB TITLE: Help Desk Analyst – Full-Time
COMPANY: Coulson Ice Blast
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
At Coulson, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, Coulson has pursued other endeavours, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, an industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. Coulson was recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology.
What’s the job?
We are seeking an intermediate Help Desk analyst to assist with the resolution of tickets and providing desk side support of the Company’s Information Technology hardware/software, various aviation programs and modules, security systems, and workspace management.
Here's what be included in a typical day:
· Assist IT staff with daily support requests from US, Australian, and Canadian offices and management staff.
· Resolve remote and desk side technology issues, monitor activities, and design and maintaining documentation in a complex hybrid environment.
· Meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities as needed.
· Write reports, track inventory, create instructional material.
· Assist with research on IT projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPEIRENCES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Diploma in Computer Information Systems preferred
· Microsoft Certifications considered an asset
· Minimum 4 years of related experience.
· Class 5 drivers license
· Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize when you are overwhelmed
· Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
· Attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ask questions and gets information in order to diagnose computer issues and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
· Work as part of a team in stressful situations; maintain composure and sense of humour in the face of heavy workload and constant interruptions
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift items up to 50 lbs.
· This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday although some afterhours /weekend support may be required.
· Some travel to other Port Alberni locations may be required.
PROFICIENT WITH THE FOLLOW TECHNOLOGIES
· Windows Operating Systems - 7 and above
· iphones, ipads, all versions of iOS
· Windows Server 2012R2 and above,
· Microsoft Office 2016 and above including O365
· MS Exchange 2016 and above
· PC Hardware and Software Installations
· Active Directory maintenance and UAC sustainment, Driver Updates, Malware Removal, Anti-Virus Software, Sonic Firewalls
· Remote connectivity tools - Teamviewer, RDP, Cisco Meraki, Apple DEP
· Lenovo laptops and desktops
· Dell and Lenovo servers
· Corridor / Corridor Go Inventory
· Enovia / Catia CAD management
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience with 2020-009 Help Desk Analyst Application in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until March 22, 2020. We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why work for us:
In addition to a competitive salary, Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits, RRSP matching, accommodations, per diems, and travel to / from your Home. Moreover, Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Onsite Gym
Reference ID: 2020-009
Job Type: Full-time
- Adobe: 1 year (Preferred)
- related: 4 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)