This position operates in an isolated lodge on the West coast of Haida Gwaii. This is an exciting opportunity with Haida Tourism, a division of the Haida owned corporation, HaiCo. HaiCo’s mission is to generate a diverse, functioning and sustainable economy on Haida Gwaii, for the long term well-being of the Haida People and culture. For further information please see our website at haico.ca.
The Sous Chef, reporting to the Lodge Manager (and/or to any other person so designated by the employer), will work with the Chef to deliver the culinary program at the Lodge. The Sous Chef, works with the Chef to ensure that the quality, quantity and presentation of all food meets the highest standards. The position is based in the lodge in Haida Gwaii. The position will be filled immediately and ends in early September.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least three years similar experience
- Camp Experience an asset
- Red Seal is an asset
- Proven capacity for collaboration and working as part of a team
training, education and experience
- Provincial trade qualification or equivalent (Journeyman/Red Seal); Certified Chef de Cuisine (CCC); a diploma from a recognized culinary school and all necessary certifications
Or the equivalent combination of training, skills and experience.
Job Type: Temporary
- Culinary: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sous Chef: 1 year (Required)
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)