Freson Bros. an Alberta owned and operated fresh food retail chain invites creative and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who have achieved success as a brand ambassador to pursue a rewarding career as a Training and Internal Communications Manager and inspire our internal stakeholders to deliver a Unique Alberta Food Experience.
WHY FRESON BROS.
- Drive: To make it onto our team, it starts with focus, commitment and your own source of fuel.
- Integrity: Like it or not, we’re open and honest. Team members do what is right, they’re upfront and turn feedback into progress.
- Growth: Remember, personal development is at the core of what we do. We bring on those who love learning because we’re asking them to inspire others to feel the same way.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
· Internal Communications:
- Work with senior leaders on internal communications programs, helping leaders effectively engage with their teams in various platforms.
- Produce a wide range of content to support employee communications, including talking points, presentations, video, and surveys.
- Develop, implement and manage multi-level communications strategies to elevate team member knowledge to achieve business objectives and support Freson Bros. culture.
- Works closely with store management to understand associate issues, perceptions and questions in order to ensure that internal communications needs are met.
- Develop and implement measurement tools to gauge effectiveness of all communication vehicles.
· The Craft Training:
- Develop and implement a skills, talents, performance and productivity training system (including training aids and materials) and conduct train-the-trainers for store management as part of the implementation process.
- Organize and oversee a company in-house training calendar including on-boarding
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training courses and make adjustments when necessary
- Research new training materials and supplies that might enhance our training procedures and provide value to our team members.
· Brand Stewardship:
- Actively supporting senior leadership in articulating and activating the Freson Bros. brand across the company, inclusive of brand architecture, voice, and connection to the brand's visual identity
- Developing and consistently executing brand guidelines in all internal communications and training materials
- Partner and act as the facilitator of the Brand Stewardship Committee in the execution and communication of the brand materials to all internal stakeholders.
WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Astute business acumen. An astute business person capable of growing the business and effectively managing multi-department store operations systems.
- Inspiring team leadership. A strong leader who believes in the value of teamwork and in harnessing the collective talents of individuals to achieve team goals and targets.
- High achiever. A clear vision of success and competency in organizational, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Brand ambassador. A high level of dedication to creating a Unique Alberta Food Experience.
- Community leader. Passionate and actively participate in building strong community relationships.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Craft: Our Artisans are Masters at their craft. Butchers, Sausage Makers, Chefs and Cheese Makers thrive at Freson Bros. The Craft will never become a lost art… it is our heritage!
- QSC+XP: We adhere to the highest operational standards in Quality, Service, Cleanliness and ‘Xciting Promotions. These are the pillars of our operations to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Our Commitment: Since 1955, Freson Bros. continues to support the values of Family, Community and our Alberta Heritage.
WORKING AT FRESON BROS.
Founded in 1955, Freson Bros. currently operates fifteen supermarkets employing over 950 full time and part time Team Members. With a tradition deeply rooted in family, community and heritage, Freson Bros. envisions to be Alberta's unique food experience destination. Our stores have been recognized by the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers (CFIG) in 2015 and again in 2019 with the National Awards as Canada’s Top Independent Grocer of the Year in all three store surface categories.
To the successful individual, we offer an attractive compensation package including competitive salary or wage rate, benefits plan, family grocery discount.
If you’re that Artisan we are looking for, we invite you to submit your resume by e-mail to:
Frank Fajardo, Human Resources Director
e-mail: click Apply Now, website: www.freson.com/careers
At Freson Bros. We Believe Really Great Food and People Really Matter
We will contact those who are selected for interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Internal Communications practitioner: 3 years (Preferred)