Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Please note, there are two (2) full time opportunities available.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Book Store’s mission is to support the best student experience at Western University. To help students, faculty, and staff at Western and people in our community fulfill their educational goals and life potential, we are dedicated to providing products, services and information for their academic, professional, social and cultural needs.
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for providing superior customer service in the campus Book Store, in person, as well as by phone and email. The incumbent will be responsible for stocking, restocking and merchandising product. The Retail Sales Associate focuses on customer service as well as ensuring correct and adequate stocking levels in all areas of the store (e.g. course books, supplies, general books, and general merchandise).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ retail sales experience, with a focus on customer service
- Demonstrated track record of selling experience and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Strong customer service skills to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, peers and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Self-motivated multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Possesses a reputation for resourcefulness with a strong sense of accountability and initiative
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and adapt to new technology
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to all qualified UWOSA applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.