WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values:
optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Account Executive, Broadcast Sales and Brand Integration
The Account Executive, Broadcast Sales and Brand Integration is an integral part of the integrated Blue Ant Media sales team working with agencies, brands, and partners to drive revenue through broadcast sales, branded content and digital sales. This position requires a driven salesperson who can open doors and deliver results. The successful candidate will be a high energy, creative, and innovative person with a proven track record of driving revenue and building creative business opportunities.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Sell broadcast inventory for Blue Ant's eight owned and partnered channels
- Build and grow revenue within a territory of agencies, and direct clients
- Collaborate with Blue Ant Plus team to support revenue growth and integration efforts across Broadcast, Digital, Social Media, and Print disciplines
- Manage the broadcast business within the defined client territory, including agency presentations, key insight meetings, pipeline management, all contributing to achievement of defined sales targets
- Rapidly acquire a thorough understanding of all Blue Ant Media offerings
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including: Traffic, Marketing, Research, Operations, Digital Publishing, Programming, International
- Constantly challenge status quo to drive maximum value for clients, and partners
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and internal weekly status meetings
- Assist in developing client presentations (competitive analysis, overviews, etc.) as needed
- Provide exemplary customer service in all things
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of broadcast media sales experience
- Solid results in achieving revenue goals
- Established industry relationships on client and agency side
- Ability to conceive and implement unique and creative sales approaches
- Thorough understanding of broadcast and digital media and marketing landscape
- Ability to conceptualize creative solutions with a focus on storytelling for multiple screens (traditional, digital, mobile)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Confident in speaking in front of groups of agencies, clients and peers.
- Strong organization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must have great interpersonal skills, team builder and team player; an ability to relate professionally within all levels of the organization
- Confident user of the Google suite of products (Gmail, Sheets, Docs and Slides)
- Diploma/degree, post-grad certification in Media or Advertising an asset
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.