Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is an exclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generation technology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across Western Canada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers with solutions they can count on.
If you are driven and motivated to become part of a dynamic team, our Winnipeg Branch has an opening for a Resident Field Service Technician – Rainy river. Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing top quality field service diagnostics and repairs to our customers located at Rainy River Mine.
Additional responsibilities are described below:
- Provide technical expertise to diagnose, service and repair allon site Cummins powered equipment
- Utilize computers/software in the process of diagnostic work, and completing all associated reports
- Assist with non-engine equipment repairs as requested by mine management
- Provide excellent customer service to all Cummins customers
- Work closely with other technicians and customer service representatives
- Maintain all CWC tooling to a high standard of cleanliness and working order
- Lead by example while applying Cummins Western Canada’s safety policies and procedures
- Teamwork, flexibility, willingness to travel to remote locations to conduct field services
- Participate in training events as required
- Applies the use of special tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete repairs, including the identification and preparation of required parts
- Coaches customer’s employees on preventative maintenance activities and basic repairs they complete as applicable
- Escalate unresolved issues to more experienced On Site Technician(s) and/or Supervisor
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures, legislation, report issues / incidents to the site manager and their supervisor
- Technicians to maintain a professional image of themselves; conduct and appearance
- Self starter who is physically fit and able to work in challenging outdoor conditions, and can work with limited supervision
- Must have a positive attitude and communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, supervisors, and management
- Must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada without sponsorship
- Must hold a valid Heavy-Duty Mechanic or Commercial Transport Journeyman Red Seal certification.
- Prior training on Diesel engine platforms, High Horse Power (HHP), Mining, or Natural Gas experience is considered an asset
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must participate in on call rotation and work overtime as required
- Must be able to work from a field service truck in all weather conditions
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a strong focus on safety
- Must be a strong team player who is able to work unsupervised
- Must possess solid organization and communication skills
Responsibilities unique to this position
- All time will be spent away from home for periods of either 7 on / 7 off or 14 on / 14 off as required to meet our mining customers needs
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Traveling to / from the Rainy River site is above the 7 or 14 days on site
- Majority of repairs are completed outside with limited time in our customers shop
- Technician will not be allowed to stay on site more than 21-day duration
This position will work 12-hour days, either 7/7 or 14/14 shift. Please note that any future shift changes that may occur are made in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment.
Our Pre-Employment Background Screening process consists of a Criminal Background Check as well asEducation and Work Experience Verification. Specific Tickets / Licenses are checked as required, and Drivers Abstracts are required for any position where driving is part of the job.
We offer competitive wages, a bonus program, benefits package, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development and career advancement for qualifying positions. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Keywords: Diesel / Mechanic / Heavy / Duty / Equipment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent