rom everyday staples to gourmet specialties, Yummy Market is a European style retail grocer located in and around the GTA that offers a unique shopping experience. In a true European tradition, our passion for wholesome, made from scratch foods combined with our commitment to offer great value is the driving force behind everything we do.
We are currently looking for Part-Time Grocery Clerk who will be responsible for the management of inventory; stocking and replenishing the shelves in the store. They will be regularly checking product levels, examining expiration dates and rotating the products on the shelves. They maintain existing displays by facing and straighten products to maintain a pleasing display. Also they will set up new product displays in the store. In the delivery section of the store, they are responsible for safely and efficiently unloading incoming shipments, moving pallets, un-boxing product, pricing and putting merchandise out onto the sales floor. This role will be located in our North York location(4400 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON).
Areas: Dry Grocery
- Prior produce/stock clerk/grocery experience is an asset (2 years)
- Ability to be able to lift 50 pounds (approximately 23kg)
- Ability to handle standing, bending, reaching and scooping frequently, as well as pushing jacks and dollies, lifting and carrying hefty boxes
- Good communication and customer service skills both in person and via the phone
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task and maintain focus
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully
- Maintains safe work environment according to provincial regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Takes initiative to identify, report and resolve problems before they escalate
- Must have flexible availability
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining Yummy Market but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Yummy Market is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Type: Part-time
- stock, dairy/frozen/produce: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- North York, ON (Preferred)
- Russian (an asset) (Preferred)