Company in the field of international Education is seeking a Host Family Coordinator for the Orangeville region.
The role of the Host Family Coordinator involves locating, selecting and orienting host families before the students’ arrival, monitoring homestay placements during students’ stay and supporting students and families during the program.
Host Family Coordinator
Reporting to the Program Coordinators in the Head office of Red Leaf Student Programs (RLSP) the Host Family Coordinator (HFC) plays a critical role in ensuring the overall success of the homestay program in their community. The HFC has the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with international students host families, and office personnel.To perform the duties of the job, flexible working hours are required including weekdays, weeknights and weekends. This position requires a home office setup with access to a computer, printer and cell phone. In addition, all Host Family Coordinators must have access to a reliable vehicle and camera.
- Develop a local network of host families through a variety of marketing efforts;
- Interview and screen potential host families and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed;
- Select suitable host families for international students, ensuring all of Red Leaf's requirements are met by the host family;
- Meet strict deadlines for student matches, and ensuring back up families are available;
- Correspond on a regular basis with hosts, students, and head office;
- Maintain database of Families, verifying that current information is accurate and up to date;
- Develop strong relationships with new and existing host families in your community;
- Collaborate with Red Leaf office and staff members to resolve problems in a prompt and caring manner;
- Follow up and reports on student for some programs;
- For certain programs organize and participate in activities with students;
- Maintain professional, friendly, and prompt service at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new computer software
- Ability to compose effective business correspondence
- Work independently; taking initiative and discretion in determining priorities
- Strong problem solving and organization skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work as and team as well as independently when necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with the local community
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary
- Must have Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Job Type: Contract