Come work with OWCS and supplement your CERB benefit!
You can earn up to $1000 per month!
Do you love to clean? Do you have attention to detail? Love spending time with seniors?
We want to hear from you!
Ottawa West Community Support is a community support agency that provides services to seniors living in their own homes in the west end of Ottawa. We are currently looking to hire a Homemakers in the city of Ottawa.
- Light housecleaning, including; vacuuming, dusting, wet mopping, laundry, changing/making beds, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Meal preparation
- Some companionship
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner
- Follow Infection Control Procedures as per OWCS Policies & Procedures
- Travel between clients
- A negative police record check for vulnerable sector
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current CPR/FA certificate
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to travel from client to client
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible hours
- Paid Orientation
- Health Care Spending Account for qualifying employees
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- A caring and supportive work environment
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. No phone calls please
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.25 per hour
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
To help keep our staff and clients safe we supply all staff with masks, gloves and sanitizer. We have strict infection control procedures in place.
- Homemaking: 1 year (Required)
- with Seniors: 1 year (Required)
- Ottawa West, ON (Required)
- vehicle licence and access to a reliable vehicle (Required)