Commercial Truck Drivers.
Sublatus Inc. is a Western Canadian full-service earthworks and environmental contracting company specialized in assisting clients with the development and decommissioning of oil and gas production facilities. From lease construction and drilling support services to remediation and final reclamation, we provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to fit each clients’ unique needs.
We are a private, owner-operated firm with personnel based in Edmonton and Calgary, who are committed to a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and having fun.
- SPECIALIZED ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRACTING AND REMEDIATION
- FACILITY DECOMMISSIONING AND DEMOLITION
- SURFACE RECLAMATION
- SEDIMENT REMOVAL, DEWATERING, AND TREATMENT
- GEOTECHNICAL CONSTRUCTION
We currently have opportunities for Commercial & Rock Truck Drivers to join our team to be based in Edmonton and support our projects throughout Alberta. This opportunity will report directly to each Site Supervisor and the Company’s Superintendent.
We are looking for someone who has the humility to ask a question, the drive to lead, and wants a chance to work with a growing hungry and hard-working team. If you are tired of the mundane cubicle jobs and want to join a friendly, passionate team with the limitless potential, we’d love to meet you.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Committed to and responsible for maintaining Sublatus’s safety culture, which includes being actively involved in project health and safety initiatives, which includes, but is not limited to:
- embracing and enforcing the site and corporate health and safety plans;
- working with the site’s health and safety representative;
- assessing the project sites to identify hazards and participate in job hazard analysis;
- participating in incident investigations and reporting; and
- any other related tasks as required. * Responsible for the safe and timely delivery and/or pick-up of goods/materials to and from project sites, which involves:
- working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track pick-ups and deliveries;
- verifying type and weight of cargo/materials;
- driving long distances;
- basic understanding to run heavy equipment with the ability to safety load and unload (trackhoes, dozers, rock trucks etc.) and/or materials;
- driving on off pavement resource roads and in winter/icy road conditions;
- ability to install and remove tire chains;
- generating bill of ladings for cargo deliveries;
- refueling and cleaning vehicles;
- following all traffic laws;
- understanding process of pulling truck permits (over weight etc)
- understanding Provincial hours of service rules and ability to abide by these rules;
- understanding Provincial log requirements and ability to keep and generate legal logs of activities and hours; and
- understand pre trip requirements, ability to inspect trucks and reporting mechanical problems.
- Valid and up-to-date commercial drivers’ license (Class 1) with a clean drivers’ abstract.
- Successful completion of the Mandator Entry Level Training (MELT) for Class 1 and 2 Commercial Drivers.
- 2-5 years of experience working in earthworks or environmental remediation.
- WHMIS GHS 2015
- Standard First Aid w/CPR/AED
- Highly disciplined and understands the importance of following procedures and maintaining systems.
- Can promote and enforce their use to facilitate successful business outcomes.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; organizational, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and appropriate representation of Sublatus.
- Must be willing and able to travel to job site locations.
- Valid commercial drivers license, drivers abstract will be required.
Due to the safety-sensitive nature of this position, all successful candidates are required to submit a clean criminal record check, pass a physical fitness-for-duty test (25 lbs. for office employees and 50 lbs. for field), and provide a negative alcohol and drug test result. The act of submitting an application shall be considered candidate’s consent to participate in all required tests, and candidate acknowledges that no offer of employment shall be extended prior to Company receiving results indicated above. In addition, the candidate acknowledges that if an offer of employment is extended, further testing may be required from time to time, pre-access to certain job sites, post-incidents that employee may be involved with, under reasonable suspicion, or upon returning to work from injury or illness (whether work-related, or not).
We appreciate your interest in working with Sublatus; however, due to the high-volume of applications anticipated, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- truck driving: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)