Position Title: Village Ambassador (VIC)
Reports To: Events Coordinator & Staff Supervisor
Department: Marketing and Events
Duration: Part-time weekends and holidays November 30th – March 31st
Including Christmas Break December 21st - January 5th
and March Break March 14th - 21st,
HOURLY RATE: $14.50
To be knowledgeable about the Blue Mountain Village, Blue Mountain Resort and surrounding areas to assist guests with their visit and provide direction. You may be asked to assist in the Events tasks generated by the Marketing and Events team. Your priority will be to assist the Events Coordinator and Staff Supervisor in the Village with the highest possible level of service, enthusiasm and professionalism. In accordance with BMVA strategic objectives and yearly business plan, this position is responsible to execute experiential based festivals, events and activities in line with the Village brand experience.
- Communicate and connect with resort partners, suppliers, stakeholders and visitors in line with the Village brand and BMVA strategy to develop memorable guest experiences through Village festivals, events, information and activities.
- Provide information and advice on what to see and do on and off the resort with an emphasis on our key tourism products including the Apple Pie Trail.
- Support the events team with checking in entertainers, ensuring proper information signs are in place and occasion event set-up activities.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide support to the Events Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator as required.
Regular attendance in conformance with BMVA standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the tourism industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Village. Weekends are required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with BMVA code of conduct and approved fire and safety plan for the safe and effective operation of the Village facilities. Employees who violate code of conduct or fire and safety plan will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most work tasks are performed independently.
- Complete knowledge of Village commercial partners, their products and services
- Desire to participate as part of a team and demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Use effective listening skills.
- Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to negotiate and create win-win solutions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors with a variety of outdoor tasks as required.
- Must be able to stand in an outdoor environment for up to 7 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally and be in good physical condition.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Students starting in Grade 11 are welcome to apply.
Experience in the service industry is preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
None, preference given to those with experience.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Type: Part-time
- Event related: 1 year (Preferred)