In response to tremendous growth in our company, we are seeking an IT Technician to join our administrative team in Hawkesville (just a few minutes north of Waterloo). Our IT staff are integral members of the Chervin family, and facilitate a key step in the journey of bringing our clients’ dream homes to life by facilitating smooth communication and production throughout Chervin’s departments and locations. Chervin’s IT staff are known for their attention to detail, enthusiasm, and teamwork, and enjoy the opportunity to work with a diverse team of staff and systems, and assist our team in ensuring all technology is functioning effectively and efficiently.
This opportunity is full-time (49 hours/week). Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits are included after a 3-month probationary period.
THE CHERVIN STORY
Since 1991, Chervin has been designing, manufacturing, and installing high-end custom cabinetry in homes across Waterloo Region. Over the years, Chervin has expanded to serve the GTA and the Muskoka region, and to build and/or acquire 4 sister companies (in addition to its founding company, Chervin Kitchen & Bath). These expansions have given us the opportunity to be a key player in the markets for high-end, custom residential cabinetry, luxury hotel furniture, residential furniture, custom upholstered furniture, and unique clocks and home décor.
We are a family-owned and family-run business, with a team of over 200 individuals pursuing “The Golden Means of Perfection.” This means, in part, that we strive to live by the Golden Rule (“Do unto others as you would have them do to you”). We do this by staying detail-obsessed, filled with integrity, and driven by purpose, so we don’t just meet but exceed our customers’ expectations. We create products that seamlessly integrate style and function, and develop fresh innovations to fit the unique needs of our customers. We’re growing more every year, and we’d love to have you join us on the exciting journey ahead!
THE CHERVIN FAMILY
Our company is founded based on an appreciation for one another – across all roles and all branches of our corporate family, we share a mutual respect and a passion for quality. At Chervin, bureaucracy and ladder-climbing aren’t our way; we’re about teamwork and ambition. With ample variety in work responsibilities, a growth-oriented trajectory, and a focus on custom, hand-crafted manufacturing, you can be sure you’ll never be bored! We work as a team, with management always there to support, challenge, and equip their staff, and each team member immersed in the excitement of being part of something bigger than themselves. We invest in high-quality training, prioritize health and safety, and value our team seeing the final product that they have invested in so much along the way.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of system hardware and software.
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel at multiple locations.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely, and over the phone.
- Assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions with respect and consideration.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets with complex formulas and VBA macros, as required by staff.
- Perform setup and/or repair of computer equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Extensive experience and familiarity with a wide range of computer software and technology.
- An aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting when it comes to technology and network services.
- A keen attention to detail.
- A self-motivated desire to produce valuable work.
- An enthusiastic personality.
- A collaborative & creative nature.
- An attitude that is hardworking & eager to learn.
- A passion for the core values that are foundational to our Chervin family.
- A commitment to punctuality & dependability.
If you are interested in this position, please respondwith your resume and references via email (no phone calls, please). If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. If you do not hear from us, please keep your eyes on our careers page for other opportunities that may be a better fit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Technology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON (Preferred)