Job Description Title: DP Administration Assistant
Reports To: Financial Controller
Supervises: There are no direct reports for this position
Scope of the position
In the addition to the DFO, the accounting department consists of a Controller, General Accountant, Junior Accountant and a DP Administrative Assistant. Although each individual has specific duties, the department operates as a team with appropriate cross training so that the department can function effectively when one of the team is temporarily absent. The team is responsible for a variety of accounting and administrative tasks and the objective is to provide strong support to staff and the school’s programs and activities.
The DP building Administrative Assistant (“DP AA”) provides administrative support while overseeing the operation of activities in the DP building. This includes management of the reception area and providing information as needed to students, staff, and parents. The DP AA will also work closely with the Admissions and Accounting office to help manage daily admissions inquiries, tours and school visits, as well as direct any payment inquires. The DP AA must take initiative for the continuous improvement in the efficiency of systems to support the school.
Qualifications and Experience
· 2+ years of related administrative assistant experience
· Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and the Google platform
· Experience with Sage 50 would be an asset
· Independent School Experience is preferred
Skills and Attributes
· Self-motivated, team player
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Organized with strong attention to detail
· Effective time management
· Cheerful disposition
· Ability to work independently and manage a variety of tasks concurrently
· Manage front door activity with a concurrent commitment to a warm welcome and security (greet guests, direct traffic, ensure visitors are signed in and given appropriate badges for identification);
· Answer and transfer phone calls
· Ensure front reception area and waiting area are neat and organized
· Ensure copies of school communications and staff forms are readily available
Attendance and record keeping
· Maintain up-to-date attendance records, emergency and medical information, etc.
· Email home for student absences not excused
· Provide late slips to students who arrive after the start of the school day, and update the attendance system after their arrival
· Greet admissions and accounting visitors, and alert staff when their guests have arrived.
· Provide administrative support for Admissions and Advancement
· Manage transit pass ordering, distribution and reconciliation with Junior Accountant
· Labelling of files including yearly archiving
· Act as the secretary for the Employee Health & Safety Committee; minute taking, incident reports, near miss reports and other required reporting as needed
· Hour Zero tracking and support for online training completion to ensure all staff have taken training
· Maintain listing of all Staff with First Aid certification and assist with ensuring recertification is completed as required
· Prepare A/P cheques for mailing or distribution as needed
· Create a tracking system for absences from the School for staff in the event of an emergency so that all in the building can be accounted for
· Provide support during the annual financial audit, such as making copies or scanning documents
· Ordering and monitoring of stationary supplies for the DP building
Other duties as assigned.
Stratford Hall offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental, RRSP matching, a healthcare spending account, 4 weeks vacation to start and a positive, fun working environment.
All interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume, attention Financial Controller.
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative: 2 years (Preferred)