Position Title: Class 1 Truck Driver
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
We are looking for a professional and safety-oriented Class 1 Truck Driver in Whitehorse, Yukon for our Highway-Switches going to Fort Nelson, BC. If you love being on the road and enjoy scenic drives this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Start trip in Whitehorse, Yukon, and travel to Fort Nelson, British Columbia for switch with Edmonton driver
- Adhere to Hours of Service regulations
- Handle freight documents/manifests
- Promptly deliver customer freight and update dispatch on ETA’s
- Driver may be required to deliver the load
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assign
- Must be willing to complete a criminal record check
- Have a valid Class 1 Driver’s license
- Be safety oriented
- Provide 5 year driver’s abstract, issued within the last 30 days
- Reliable, flexible, punctual
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Dedicated 24-Hour Dispatch Coverage
- Modern, well maintained Fleet; professionally detailed, inside and out, on a regular basis
- Industry leading benefits package including company-matching pension plan
- Stability; Full Time, Steady Hours and consistent year round work
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- Opportunities for career advancements through training and development
- Company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boots allowance and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, cell phone plans, etc.
- Awarded as a Top Fleet Employer in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.