Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Pandemic Support Worker will provide operational support to the Hospital during the declared COVID-19 pandemic. The Pandemic Support Workers are often the front-line of responding to inquiries as staff, visitors and patients who enter the Hospital. The Pandemic Support Worker must use good judgement and respond appropriately during pandemic and crisis situations.
The Pandemic Support Worker positions involve a very high degree of interaction with patients and staff and the general public. This position involves considerable professionalism, judgement and sensitivity as patients, families, staff and community professionals may be difficult to interact with due to the stressful times we’re experiencing.
Skills & Abilities
- Screening patients, staff & visitors at all hospital entrances
- Providing wayfinding and other information to visitors and patients
- Delivering resources and materials to support the operations of the Hospital
- Infection prevention and control practices and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ensuring a high degree of professionalism at all times especially when communicating with patients, community members and staff on a daily basis.
- Complies with evidence-based practices and standards (including communication and teamwork, infection prevention and safe use of equipment and facilities)
- Other duties as assigned: this may involve performing any basic functions required to support the hospital during the pandemic.
- Must be available to work all shifts
- Post-secondary education or equivalent (customer service related experience)
- Candidates currently enrolled in a healthcare related program will be given preference
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of staff and the community.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement, and as a team member.
- Ensure adherence to Southlake Values
**This position is not eligible for the Southlake employee referral bonus**
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.