Job title :
CLINICAL INFORMATICS ANALYST III
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is seeking a Clinical Informatics Analyst III to fulfill a permanent full time position in Kelowna, B.C. Come and join the amazing Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) team!
Interior Health’s vision is “To set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia”. The role of IMIT on this strategy is to support this vision by enabling the people of Interior Health to achieve excellence through the best use of information and technology….“better information, better decisions, better health”
The Clinical Informatics Analyst III evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains, and supports complex, integrated information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health. The Clinical Informatics Analyst III will act as project leader for smaller scale projects. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertakes complex and integrated clinical and health information systems projects from preliminary analysis to post implementation review by:
o Conducting feasibility studies/needs assessments
o Gathering detailed information from users
o Reviewing operational business processes
o Developing and documenting systems, processes and procedures
o Detailing software and integration specifications for complex systems
o Preparing project charters, detailed implementation plans and schedules
o Estimating resource requirements and costs
o Leading implementation teams and committees
o Implementing project plans and clinical systems
o Managing project resources
o Monitoring and reporting implementation progress
o Conducting post implementation reviews
o Supporting and maintaining clinical and health information systems
- Acts as a liaison with members of the assigned areas/departments, care providers and vendors to trouble shoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
- Configures, tests, supports and maintains complex and/or large-scale applications that are integrated across multiple departments and throughout Interior Health.
- Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of complex vendor applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing, problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
- Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
- Plans, implements and evaluates educational training programs and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to a) education of new users and b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
- Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
- Three years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.