As a Senior Architectural CAD/BIM Design Technician, you will be responsible for Interior/Exterior Architectural Design/Drafting of the projects, set-up, draft, convert, produce and edit MEP plans using AutoCAD and REVIT. This role will require excellent organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and prioritize multiple project deadlines.
Design Technician additional responsibilities:
- Coordinates with clients, architects and other engineering disciplines for multi-disciplinary projects. Runs the 3D BIM model review coordination or Virtual Reality project review meetings.
- Responsible for Interior and Exterior Architectural Design of the projects when assigned by Principle Canadian Certified In-house Architects
- Creates and develops Revit models for new and existing building structures.
- Creates and develops of Revit and AutoCAD drawings for new and existing building structures.
- Develops advanced “Realistic” 3D rendering for the project Architectural model for the client clarification and presentation and conduct digital imagery using Autodesk Revit API add-ins such as “V-Ray and Enscape” plug ins
- Creates Complicated Revit Dynamo architectural models using “Visual Programming” language
- Creates advanced Building wooden framing BIM 3D model and construction drawings using Revit Modeling extension
- Involve in Revit content management, including editing and developing new templates and families.
- Develops Projects Material list, Material Quantifications using BIM Revit Models in Autodesk Navisworks and “Quantification” Extension in Revit for "Automated Project Cost Estimation" Setup Project files drawings/sheets/models/views/view templates/layouts/etc. as applicable for project team needs.
- Provide efficient updates of Architectural CAD/BIM files for use in Structural and MEP. design drawings (clean-up, audit, reference, troubleshoot, coordinate as required).
- Draft/generate redlines: plans, diagrams and schedule drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit from redlined drawings.
- Create Architectural Model Work Break Down (WBS) schedule for project management
- Troubleshoot and address issues with CAD and Revit models and project files.
- Produce drawings/projects consistent with instruction, guidelines and CAD/BIM standards
- Review BIM models for coordination using Revit and Navisworks.
- Attend Project BIM Kickoff meetings, work in coordination with external client CAD/BIM Coordinator for modeling and following CAD/BIM requirements.
- Support Regional/Firm-wide CAD/BIM leadership in adherence to firm-wide standards and staff support.
- Prepare projects for client submissions and create plots, pdf, dwf, etc., as required.
- Assist with management of Revit files and projects.
- Successfully carrying out assignments on project design teams.
- Undertaking the detailed working drawings of steel, concrete, and site plans.
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of design, drawings and graphics work produced for the team.
- Communicating during model production with other team members.
- Understanding REVIT file structures and modifications to files for exchanges with other consultants;
- Creating and understanding custom blocks (families) using REVIT software.
This is a great opportunity for an Architectural CAD/BIM Design Technician with demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD 2018+ and REVIT 2018+. To succeed in this role, you will need effective organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload and be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Having a Bachelor University level degree in Architectural Design (or relevant Architectural or Art program) is “a must to have” for this position
- Technical diploma from an accredited North-American (Preferably Canadian) college with an emphasis on BIM technology (additional education, training and/or experience on the related field will be an asset).
- Advanced Level proficiency in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Autodesk Navisworks, Revit Dynamo, Revit Extensions including: “Modeling”, “Quantification”, etc.
- Advanced knowledge in creating “Realistic” Renders using V-Ray and Enscape Plug-ins
- A minimum of 8 years of working experience in the AEC
- Sufficient knowledge regarding the North-American and particularly Canadian type of construction including “Building Assemblies and Erection methods”
- Proficiency of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) required.
- Sufficient knowledge of drawings to understand red marks
- Able to read floor plans, sections, and elevations; basic drafting skills
- Experience with manipulating and receiving various file formats
- Familiar with at least one: Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing Trades
- Experience with the MSN Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Reader
- Available to work necessary hours including evenings and weekends to meet project deadlines
- You will be highly detail-oriented with a strong aptitude for ensuring accuracy and adhering to BIM MEE and client standards
- Strong working experience on large-scale different building types
- On-site construction and measuring existing buildings experience would be desirable
- Hand-sketching ability for quick understanding in client meetings would be an asset
- Experience across all stages of a project lifecycle would be desirable.
- International or local travel may be required.
- Knowledge of another language(s) is a plus for international projects and clients. BIM MEE is currently looking to add team members with Turkish, Spanish and Russian native or highly proficient speaker for current projects involvements or future prospects.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Architecture: 8 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- London, ON (Preferred)
- Turkish, Spanish and Russian (Preferred)