Munchkin is a fast-growing, industry-leading infant and toddler consumer products-company with 7 global offices generating over $300 million in annual sales. We are passionate, creative, believe in only making the best products, and we’re looking for team members who think big, move fast, work smart, and have a desire to do things better. We pride ourselves in hiring great people with the talent it takes to keep up with our growth. We invite you to explore the “About” page on our Website and help us rid the world of all things mundane!
The Director, Business Development- Canada is responsible for all aspects of Munchkin’s business related to driving revenue, customer contribution and market share within the Canadian geography. This is a leadership role which also has active management of Munchkin’s business at Walmart Canada. This role is located in the west end of the G.T.A
- Establish SMART goals, by category, for Munchkin Canada, Walmart Canada and the team which manages the Canadian customer facing business.
- Maintain steady communication between the Canadian Customer Management team and VP, Global Business Development to ensure marketing and sales strategies complement those of Munchkin’s.
- Develop annual account plans based on marketing plans prepared by the appropriate brand teams.
- Supply timely written and verbal market and customer feedback including customer Point of Sale data, competitive forces, and retail/category productivity.
- Maintain knowledge of product availability and account status. Provide accurate monthly sales and product forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other Munchkin, Inc. business functions (including Marketing, Channel Marketing, Account Administration, Traffic, Forecasting, and Finance) for complete account management.
- Participate in industry tradeshows, sales meetings, and other company events as needed.
- Prepare merchandising, advertising and assortment proposals for Line Reviews that will benefit both the customer and the company.
- Prepare & Forecast monthly and annual shipments to accurately maintain customer and company inventories.
- Process all advertising claims/deductions in a timely manner.
- Ensure Trade Spend is optimizing return on investment.
- Minimum 10 years successful selling experience in consumer products within Mass, Food, Drug, E-Commerce Channels of Trade.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling sales presentations/promotions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of personnel management and development.
- High energy, detail focused, action-oriented contributor.
- Capable of preparing accurate analyses, sales reports across and forecasts base.
- Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented to direct own work.
- Team player able to establish effective working relationships.
- Willing and able to travel 20%, including to the U.S Headquarter point.
- Must be currently or recently engaged in selling product to Wal-Mart Canada.
- University degree required.
We got you covered!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, wellness, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, bonuses, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role. We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world. We offer work-life balance benefits such as paid maternity and paternity leave and Half-day Friday’s all year around! To learn more, visit us at www.munchkin.com/join and submit your online application and resume on https://cw.na1.hgncloud.com/munchkin/searchJobPostings.do.
Munchkin embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time