We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior Accounts Payable Accountant for our Calgary studio.
Shape the world with us.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute their ideas and their passion to shape the built environment of our communities – collaboratively, creatively, and sustainably.
If you want to join us on this journey, read on and apply!
We are looking for outstanding people. At S2 you will join a small but engaged accounting team of four. As the
AP Accountant you will not only have the opportunity to work with this team and directly with the CFO, but you will play an integral role on project teams. You will be working with the senior leadership team as you will be responsible for leading the sub-consultant side of projects (internally and externally). You will also be responsible for all things payable, and will also own some month end responsibilities as well. Given the size of our firm there is the plenty of opportunity to grow with us. This position will be responsible for coordinating fees, both internally and with sub-consultants, throughout the lifecycle of a project. This role requires confidentiality and will be accountable and responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable (including automatic withdrawals).
What you will require:
Education, Licenses & Certifications:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or a related field.
- Experience within similar industry an asset
- Experience with Deltek/Ajera, BST an asset
What you will work on:
- Preparation and entry of A/P including expense statements and credit card statements
- Bank reconciliation entries
- Provide various reports as required
- Month end reporting tasks
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Weekly and monthly EFT payments as required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Managing firm compliance with professional and governmental institutions
- Willingness to grow and take on new responsibilities
What’s pretty cool at S2!
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and
Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design, and master planning with a collaborative and inclusive approach to create spaces for people that support wellbeing, cultivate community, uphold sustainable design, and provide purposeful spaces for working, living, and playing.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types, and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the value we place on our relationships – with our clients, our consultants, our employees, and our teammates.
If this sounds appealing to you – and you like to have a bit of fun as well – then we look forward to receiving your application.
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Profit sharing program
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- Social wellness and learning activities
- S2 days for extra time to spend with family
- Profit sharing program
_Our collaborative approach is driven by more than a desire for coordination and efficiency. The way we approach projects comes from a belief that shared ideas, collective knowledge, and combined experience benefits the project goals and vision.
_We believe that success can only be achieved when thoughtfully grounded in the wellbeing of the people we work with, the environment, and our communities.
_Nurture our world.
_Sustainability comes from the relationship we have with the world around us. How we live, what we choose to create, and the resources we utilize are guided by a sense of stewardship that nurtures a balance between us and the natural world.
_We create a team environment where everyone can freely express new ideas, innovative concepts are nurtured, and creativity flows.
_We walk together.
_Diversity and inclusivity have a tangible value that gives us insight and perspective for stronger and more creative solutions.
_The foundation for wellbeing and success is building relationships that are enduring, have strength, and are meaningful.
“The favourite part of my job is working with others to create or solve something complex.”
~ S2 employee in a June 2021 employee survey
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$78,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-04-05