Reporting to the Director, Senior Services, is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support including handling sensitive political and human resource issues; maintaining and tracking all reports coming in and out of the office; researching and compiling background information; arranging meetings and appointments; taking formal minutes at meetings; maintaining office administration and records management processes and procedures; responding to and/or redirecting inquiries/communications; and completing special projects, as assigned.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Director or General Manager as related to the applicable office and portfolio.
- Assists in researching and gathering background materials; edits documents and/or ensures required presentations and/or briefing notes, are available in a timely manner.
- Researches, writes, prepares and coordinates background material, presentations and/or briefing notes, for responses to inquiries and for meetings and reports.
- Assists and facilitates communications between the Director or General Manager and staff, elected officials, outside agencies and the public.
- Prepares confidential correspondence, documents and reports for the Director or General Manager including Council and Committee reports, charts and graphs.
- Receives, redirects and responds to communications addressed to the Director or General Manager and takes appropriate action to ensure urgent matters are dealt with quickly.
- Maintains office records management system which includes a bring forward and follow up tracking system to ensure that appropriate action is taken; creates and maintains databases; prepares documentation for storage and/or retrieval of off-site documents using the Corporate Records Management system; assists in maintaining a library; and ensures consistent standards and appropriate training of staff for documents produced by the Branch or Division.
- Assists in managing contracts administered by the Director or General Manager, including purchase orders, verifying invoices and maintaining project records.
- Identifies best practices and procedures in office administration and programs and implements changes.
- Provides set up and orientation for new staff, as required.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Business Studies or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible administrative experience with an emphasis on determining priorities and organizing activities of a diverse work assignment.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing meetings, including preparation of agendas, taking minutes, documentation and circulation of minutes with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, preparing documents and records management practices.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by November 9, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email