Are you wanting to work with a company that cares about reducing their carbon footprint? Have you ever driven a CNG powered tractor?
ColdStar has changed more than half of our fleet to CNG powered tractors to reduce our carbon footprint. Come work for us to contribute!
ColdStar is seeking a Class 1 driver to join the team! The schedule will be Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday, working night shifts. This is full-time, permanent, and based in Cassidy.
This is a general freight position, shuttling trailers up and down the island. You must work well independently, take direction well, be comfortable asking clarifying questions, and have customer service as your first priority.
Wage: $25.00 per hour starting, with a raise and benefits at 90 days
- General P&D activities such as: safe driving, related paperwork, customer service
- BC ferries and Seaspan barge moves throughout the evening
- Trailer shunting throughout the yard
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with Night Warehouse supervisor and manager
- Report all incidents and safety hazards in a timely manner to the supervisor or manager
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving a 53 foot trailer is required
- Class 1 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract is required
- Knowledge of reefer settings and food temperature hauling requirements is an asset
- Experience using an electric pallet jack, an asset
- Physically able to lift 50lbs required
- Good knowledge of Vancouver Island is an asset
- Flexibility for scheduling is key
- Health, dental, vision
- RSP Matching
- Life insurance, critical illness, long-term disability, AD&D
- EAP & Wellness program
- Personal days off & birthday off
- Boot reimbursement, on-site parking, and more
*Shift start-times may change based on operational needs.
About ColdStar Solutions Inc.
ColdStar Solutions Inc. is a Vancouver Island owned Grocery Wholesaler and Transportation company that specializes in hauling food products between Vancouver and all parts of Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, and the Gulf Islands of Georgia Strait, while also being a public Cold Storage operation.
ColdStar was just awarded the Top Fleet Employer Designation for 2021, which is awarded to leaders in promoting a positive image of the trucking and logistics industry. Seventy-seven of the best workplaces in Canada’s trucking and logistics industry were recognized this year.
ColdStar is trying to lower our carbon footprint by transforming our fleet to CNG (Natural Gas) powered tractors & by implementing a produce dehydrator to recycle spoiled produce into fertilizer.
ColdStar strongly believes that food gives us all an opportunity to share and connect. We also believe that we have a responsibility to give back to the communities that support our business. The Community Food Project is our way of giving, sharing, and connecting with the people in our communities. Once a month ColdStar, with the help of other participating sponsors, donates food to non-profit agencies on Vancouver Island.
ColdStar Solutions is committed to treating all employees with respect and providing a safe work environment. Please submit a resume to Human Resources, by responding to this ad. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- What is the best way to contact you (text, email, phone call)?
- Class 1 Driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence (preferred)
- Clean Drivers Abstract (preferred)