Reporting to the Parts Manager, the Parts Counterperson is responsible for the sale of parts and accessories for all makes of medium and Heavy duty Trucks.
- Evaluate and recommend parts required based on customer information.
- Answer and make sales calls as needed.
- Look up and locate parts in inventory or order parts from suppliers as per policies.
- Generate quotes and complete orders as per customer requests.
- Negotiate key sales issues and handle objections as required.
- Assist customers post sale with any warranty and/or service needs.
- Explain warranty coverage to customers (as applicable).
- Assist with inter-branch transfers.
- Assist other staff in the department as needed.
- Ensure that the showroom for the Parts Department is clean from dirt and dust and all shelving is stocked to maximize the exposure of Bayview Parts availability and Price special
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by management
- Maintain a professional appearance and a safe, clean work environment.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Previous experience in the Medium / Heavy Duty truck, automotive industry.
- The physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- A team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Self-starter and motivated to sell.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Available to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Superior problem solving skills to achieve win-win solutions.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Ability to use Microsoft programs and applications.
- KARMAK accounting software experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate and work with suppliers.
- Strive for respect and teamwork within all departments.
- Able to utilize manufacturer and supplier websites.
Job Type: Full-time