REPORTS TO: Controller of Operations
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for assisting the Administrative Assistants with data entry functions. Applicants must have a positive attitude and the ability to work well in a team as well as individually. Candidates must have strong problem solving skills and be willing to take the initiative to complete additional duties as needed.
HOURS PER WEEK: Hours will vary depending on season and availability
· Entering and invoicing orders in accounting software in a timely and accurate manner.
· Organization of paperwork and filing of documents.
· Prepares information for shipping department.
· Scanning documents to ensure accurate records are maintained and shredding scanned files.
· Answering phones and ensures that calls are directed to the correct party.
· Greeting customers and directing them to the correct member of staff.
· Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing, and speaking. Able to follow written and oral work instructions.
· Working knowledge of computers, office equipment and various software for business applications including Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of SAGE 300 ERP is an asset but not required.
· Knowledge of basic bookkeeping is preferred.
· Knowledge of Excel is an asset.
· Ability to prioritize work effectively and strong attention to detail are required.
· Demonstrated proficiency in general office etiquette, legible hand writing, and telephone manners.
· Ability to interact effectively with various organizational and external stakeholders.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 /hour