ARCNOVA INC. and its team members have over 30 years of global building envelope construction experience. Striving to become a leading building envelope contractor, ARCNOVA has always focused on the customer. The right mix of young, dynamic and experienced members of our team allow us to better service our customers by completing their projects within their desired schedule and budget.
ARCNOVA office is located at 503 Oakdale Road in North York. We have on board, Chief Estimator with a P.ENG, designers, project coordinators and project managers and fabricators. We have over 15+ in-house multi-faceted building envelope tradesmen who are always available to be deployed to any one of our projects.
ARCNOVA is a financially solid and stable company. We also have accounts and excellent relationships with key our supply partners required for our projects. Arcnova takes pride in providing an excellent work environment and the best for all of our team members. Arcnova paves the way for continious development and betterment of every employee.
Responsibilities of a Glazing/Cladding Chief Estimator
- Attending pre-let meetings, site meetings in order to prepare precise estimate.
- Guide junior estimators and assign estimate tasks.
- Connect with owners, consultants and contractors
- Preparing takeoffs/estimates for assigned jobs
- Preparing and following-up on quotations and tenders
- Order bonds, agreement to bonds, letters of reference, references, CCDC documents and other documents as needed.
- Reviewing all contracts and quotations.
- Prepare and assign work orders.
- Assisting drafting and project management when needed.
Qualifications of a Glazing/Cladding Estimator
- 10 years work experience in a Glazing/Cladding Estimating position (commercial type projects).
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Estimating Certificate, education in a related field or equivalent work experience
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong blueprint reading skills and firm understanding of contract documents
- Dynamic and motivated to learn and go beyond.
- Strong negotiation, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and adjust if necessary.
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experienced in using computer programs specific to this role (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project)
- Professional, motivated to learn and a career-minded individual
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Estimating: 10 years (Preferred)