Murphy’s Pharmacies has been building healthier communities across Prince Edward Island for over 35 years.
We are proud to offer pharmacy and health services at our independent pharmacy locations and to be multiple national award winners in the areas of pharmacy design, health promotion, patient care, innovation, and charitable work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our Pharmacy teams in our Summerside. The Pharmacy Assistant position requires a professional that is personable, patient and demonstrates an ability of being calm under a variety of situations.
These are full time and part time positions in a fast-paced, busy environments. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Assist the pharmacist with the preparation, packaging, and distribution of prescriptions.
- Order prescription medications, diabetes supplies, and behind the counter OTC medications and receive/verify incoming pharmaceutical orders.
- Maintain client and drug information files and gathering of all necessary information while ensuring the completeness of information.
- Third party insurance billing and reconciliation.
- Provide knowledgeable and exceptional client care and customer service.
- Greet clients and acknowledge waiting clients, offer assistance. Ensure service is maintained at levels above industry standards.
- Assist with client consultation via telephone.
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing all cash register transactions in a courteous, prompt and accurate manner, including following all company accounting procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of client records and medical information.
- Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and clients.
- Other responsibilities as outlined by the Managing Pharmacist.
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with clients in a pleasant manner at all times.
- Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Provide excellent and informed client care.
- Self motivated, career focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Experience working in the dispensary and very strong track record for accuracy in all dispensary duties, as well as a solid understanding of dispensary computer systems is preferred.
- Display excellent reliability, initiative, and team work.
- Must be available to work a rotation of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)