Our Bracebridge store is gearing up for the summer season and is under new management. We're looking for the newest member of our team aid in the day-to-day store operations and support store sales and business.
The Assistant manager role is will aid the manager in overseeing all store operations and driving sales, key qualities include:
- Sell home furnishings and patio furniture.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer service standards are exceeded.
- Create visual displays in the store and maintain signage.
- Support store operations by accurately and efficiently completing paperwork and POS transactions.
- Ensure compliance and consistent execution of company policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing guidance and coaching to staff in order to maximize individual contributions
- Ability to establish rapport with customers and provide them with an exceptional service experience.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and delegation skills.
- Retail experience is an asset.
- Ability to lift/move stock weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient on POS sales register and/or computer system.
- Flair for interior decor/ merchandising an asset
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays shifts.
Who We Are Looking For
- We are looking for a hardworking, motivated, and team oriented individual to join our store team.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, sales-driven and have the desire to advance their career with DOT Furniture.
- A small business mindset and entrepreneurial spirit are key for an assistant manager in our company.
- We are looking for candidates who want to grow, assistant store managers will be eligible for promotion after a year of employment with a proven track record for results
- Assistant managers are paid hourly plus a commission incentive based on sales performance
- Experience in training staff is a must and a love for customer service.
- This position is not for the average retail candidate, it is for a highly skilled , highly motivated person who is willing to do what it takes to get results.
- It is not uncommon for store managers, managers in training and assistant managers to work 50-55 hrs during peak season , it is a physical job that requires the manager to be involved , this is not a desk job with a team to delegate to .
- Store operates with 4-6 staff during the summer and maybe 3 in the winter.
- Please apply , if you are ready to work hard , put in the hours , drive the sales, have several years of retail high volume luxury product.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail Management: 1 year (preferred)